Before entering a clinic carry out as many checks as possible. During your search on the Internet WhichLaserClinic.com may help to save time by finding laser and ipl clinics in your area that have already been independently tested. It is also easy to check staff, equipment, prices and feedback.
If a clinic has been independently checked, they will display the following logo:-
Don't be afraid to ask questions - we have put together a list below which you may find useful. The staff member may not have all the answers to the following questions but hopefully there will be enough information given to help with your decision.
• Would it be possible to read your Client’s Guide?
• Is this laser or IPL?
• What laser systems do you use?
• Which of them are suited to my skin type?
• How long have you been using the system?
• What training has the operator taken?
• How many people has your clinic treated?
• How many treatments will it take?
• Is it permanent?
• Do you use a LPA? It is advised that all laser clinics follow best practice and use the services of a Laser Protection Advisor (LPA), there is no legal
obligation to use a LPA, however, it is a good indictation that safety standards have been checked by an independent laser professioinal.
• Do you have indemnity insurance? Ensure they have adequate indemnity insurance in case of accidents such as a burn or change in pigmentation.
• Is protective eyewear provided
• Look to see if mirrors or reflective surfaces, such as stainless steel trays, are present these should be covered during treatment
• Exterior windows should be covered with blinds.